The elusive cure to all ailments does not exist.
The SupaTrophy view on supplements, whether they be for performance, weight-loss or weight gain, is that these items are complimentary to your diet and training. Some supplement companies are known to market pills or shakes to totally transform your body and this is simply not the case.
Whole food nutrition is the single most important aspect, a healthy diet of fresh foods produced organically and in a sustainable way, like pole and line caught fish, free roaming chickens, grass fed cattle and pesticide free fruit and vegetables should always be the core of your diet.
Supplements do have their place, but the importance of your diet should always come first. Always read the ingredients on the reverse of the label and opt for products with fewer ingredients, using premium quality raw materials, naturally derived flavors, sweeteners (such as Stevia) and colorants (such as beetroot extract), as opposed to chemical cocktails.
See our go to list of supplements below.
– Protein: whey protein isolate or hydrolysate, egg white isolate or a blend of pea and rice protein.
– Amino Acids: a blend preferably including glutamine and electrolytes.
– Omega 3
– Vitamin C
– Vitamin D
– Pre-workout: moderate caffeine level to your sensitivity.
– Creatine: creatine monohydrate is the most researched supplement on the market.
– Beta-Alanine: Buffers lactic acid
– Testosterone booster: including D-Aspartic Acid, Tribulus Terrestris, Fenugreek, DHEA, Zinc and Ashwagandha.
– Fat burner: moderate caffeine level to your sensitivity.